Sunday 8 May 2011

Titles & Soundtracks

As for titles I went with something quite simple and yet effective. It thought that I needed some special effects and dramatic entrances and exits; I was wrong. All I needed were the credits to fade in and out. I used a plain white format with the font 'BlairMid' and felt that it matched the scene. They were shown from the start while the main character and his children were spending time together. I also thought that it was a perfect time to do it while they were together and some rather peaceful music was playing in the background in order to show the viewer a nice fun family time.

The soundtracks I used were from A program called Garageband on the MacBook Pro's. It was extremely helpful in allowing me to find suitable instrumentals to fit the mood of my film. I found that when mixing the different genres within the program you get combinations that worked perfectly together that wouldn't have worked separately. The most important soundtrack used was during the night shot; it was a sound call 'Disoriented' I figured that it was simply perfect as it was going to give the feel of exactly what it's called; upon the viewer and the character in the film. It was long, calm and even built up at times which also helped as it matched the moments when approached the camera with his outrage.

No comments:

Post a Comment