Monday 9 May 2011

Editing Diary 2

Unfortunately with all the deadlines I face I wasn't able to keep up with my diary and therefore have to write it retrospectively. For me editing was a long and thorough process. It took me several weeks to complete with many complications but was very much worth it once completed.

To start off with my rough cut was very basic with minimal effects and add ins. It was straight forward with no complications. This is exactly what my teacher had wanted after the first production didn't meet the expected standards.


So after this I got onto adding in effects, credits and titles. The titles were easy and simple to do. They were fade in and fade out. The soundtrack however was slightly more complicated as there were many different genres to choose from with too little time. In the end it boiled down to three mixed instrumentals which suited the atmosphere of the film.


The effects is what I enjoyed spending the most time on. It was fun to experiment with various effects for multiple scenes but once completed, the film had that extra spark to it that it was once previously missing. The night shot was the most important effect I had to insert during the post production stage; it was the single most important effect throughout the entire film as it was where the shift from outdoor and life being okay turned into getting knocked down and being kidnapped.

At one point I also found myself with a point in the film where a conversation was going for too long. After receiving this information, I had to trim it down with disturbing the continuity. Luckily this was possible as toward the end of the conversation the character was almost stationary and it was a matter of cut and delete after that.

Once I had completed the editing of the film it was a matter of showing my teacher and class to see if they would approve it; I shortly discovered that they had and I was utterly thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment