Monday 9 May 2011

Production Diary 2

Day 1 (All created in one day): I began shooting the film in the early hours of an afternoon on a Saturday. This was achieved by me working on a strict plan in order to achieve the completion of the film within the deadline; yes it was going to be hard but I got through it.

The outdoor scenes were shot in quick succession but with many takes as lines were being mixed up and the camera work was still in progress. However the indoor scene was quite straight forward as far as camera work went. Although with the actual content I had to rethink things based on last minute changes. These were the angles in which the character was viewed from, whether there were going to be zoom ins and zoom outs. Once I had responded to these issues it was pretty much easy going from there.

On the day the whether was a little chilly and the ground wet after a nights rain. This is actually what caused me to finish the filming on the day as, if I left anything to shoot the next day, then the sun may have been out, the water may have evaporated and there would have simply been too many varying factors that would have affected the continuity of the film.

So when I filmed the night shot, I basically experimented with a CCTV angled view. This was a little risky at first as I didn't know what the response was going to be but then as I received feedback, there was a positive vibe towards it.

The ending scene was actually taken straight after the biker had taken the main character. I decided to do this because at the time it was roughly 5 o'clock and it was mid-winter and therefore the sun began to set. I found this to be safer than shooting the night shot and then returning outside with a whole new mood toward the weather and light. This would again have affected the continuity side of filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment