Saturday 7 May 2011

The CCTV Affect

I tried to create a surrounding that was very uncomfortable for the viewer and character. This was, to what I've heard from audiences achieved through the very close shots of the character interacting with camera mere inches away from the lens. I was pleased to hear that this was effective and is exactly what was intended.

Without this scene I would have been in ruins as it was the pinnacle turning point for the sequence. It was where the character felt disoriented by darkness and the unknown and where 'someone'  was watching him without interacting with him what so ever.

I thought the night shot itself was transitioned very well with a bit of T.V noise in order to cut the time frame to either a point ahead or to the present. I thought that this added to the overall mystery behind the people who kidnapped him and the ways in which he was entrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment