Saturday 2 October 2010

Inspiration


Inspiration For Creating A Film Such As This

 I felt that there needed to be several factors in order to make me think about creating a short film such as this. The first film that entered my mind was 'The Bourne Identity' and how Matt Damon was a brilliant actor in that film. It was in my opinion directed brilliantly by Doug liman. Who directed the trilogy and clearly did a great job of it.

The story was crafted very well and simply pushed the climax to an extreme limit. I thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy and found that the stunts and storyline were absolutely brilliant. I thought to myself, if I could create something anywhere near that magnitude I would be thrilled.



I also watched the film 'Eagle Eye' and thought that it was very well constructed and carried out excellently with Shia Labeouf who's an extremely talented young actor. I enjoyed the film as it had a unique feature where there was an unknown formula in the equation that was telling them what to do and they had to comply.


I thought that the story was clever and the fact that there were several action scenes going on at the same time was pulled off very well. In my opinion the directing was brilliant and this allowed the extent of the film to be understood at a high pace.




The series 'Lost' was a tremendous spectacle and I found it to be the most interesting and yet action packed series I have ever watched. I loved the fact of how it ended the way that it started and I found that to be an extremely smart way in which one could end the run of a terrific series.

It was a very well constructed series and the effects and storyline were used extremely well. The story took more twists than a double helix. The special effects went hand in hand. This has to be one of the only series I've watched that has had me on the edge of my seat throughout all six seasons.


The series 'FlashForward' was also very influential as it was extremely high paced with a lot of stories going on at once and I felt that it had something to say in each episode which was a very well constructed season.


It was one of the first in its' kind. It was very unique and had an absolutely outstanding pilot episode. Unfortunately it was cut off the air after its' first season. This was very disappointing and showed that a series can be as good as it was and the luck can still fall in the opposing favor.



The film 'Next' had a very clever storyline with an unforeseeable ending which turned out to be in my opinion, brilliant. I think that Nicholas Cage is a remarkable actor and this was another film he showed how good he truly is.

It had a very complex plot and kept me guessing the whole way which caused me to interact and therefore caused me to enjoy it. That is the sort of thing I want to happen when creating my short film and if done correctly I believe is possible.

Finally, I thought that '88 Minutes' starring Al Pacino was a great film as it included rapid editing, quick scenes and moved on to the next part of the story very quickly. I liked the fact that the main character only had 88 minutes to live and the film was shot, based around that, and kept reminding the audience of how long he had left at each stage.

Another film that had a very good plot with high paced action throughout. It had me on the edge my seat until the very end which concluded with satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment