Tuesday 18 January 2011

Production Diary 1

First Attempt On 'Retrospective':


I filmed on two occasions two very different films. The first time I filmed it was about a man waking up in the middle of Oxford Street not knowing where he was and how he got there.


When I started filming I discovered it was going to be a lot harder than I anticipated with me being the only one in my group. I must give thanks to my cousin who helped out in filming. It was very difficult to film in the middle of one of the busiest streets in the world mid-week. I persevered and tried to make it work as best as I can.


I had to use a hand held shot through out this production as it was extremely difficult to set up a tripod in such a restricted space. People walk in every direction you could barely stand let alone set up a tripod and film.


Once I decided to record pretty much all of it on a hand held, I thought I had cracked it but unfortunately not. I discovered post production that I had over exposed on the whole thing, this meant that I would risk losing a lot of marks due to a lack of detail and potential of showing minimal knowledge while filming which is something nobody wants to show.


I still edited the whole thing on a rough cut to see how it would turn out, unfortunately the result wasn't as i expected. I got a second opinion from my teacher and discovered that it still didn't make much sense and would also cause me to lose several marks having done all of that, so I thought to myself, it wasn't worth losing that many  marks. I ended up shooting a whole new film and the outcome of that is in the second production diary on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment